Thursday, September 1, 2011

On the top of Krasheninnikov volcano.




I just got back from Krasheninnikov volcano.

My shoulders and legs are sore from the overload of climbing up and down. But there, from a single point I could see half of Kamchatka peninsula: from volcanos near Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky in the south to Klyuchevskaya Sopka in the north. I will tell you later about marmots that live in the harsh climate of Krashennikov volcano caldera: to record their population was the main reason for this trip.

But for now, I wanted to share with you a view from the top of this volcano: behind the northern crater you can see Kronotsky lake with islands on its surface, and farther away, on the very horizon, Kizimen volcano continues its eruption.


Originally posted by at На вулкане Крашенинникова.