Monday, October 17, 2011

One day at Lake Baikal.


Our Lake Baikal voyage started from a village Uzura on Olknon island.

Last week I spend in Irkutsk on a all state meeting and workshop for the nature parks of Russia. There I made a presentation about opportinities in education and popularization for nature reserves and parks using blogs. In the end of that week my colleauges from Pribaikalskiy National park and Baikalo-Lenskiy Nature Reserve organized an excursion to Lake Baikal. We only spent 24 hours at the lake, but we still got to experience a lot.

On a small boat we made it from Olkhon to cape Pokoinyi, where we spend a night at the ranger station of the nature reserve. In total I only had several hours to see and photograph the bright fall colors of Baikal nature... I wish I could stay there for several weeks.


The sharp cliffs of Olkhon shore are part of Pribaikalskiy National park.











There are snags at Baikal too!



A weather station on cape Pokoinyi inside Baikalo-Lenskiy Nature Reserve.



















Originally posted by at Сутки на Байкале.

No comments:

Post a Comment